Sunday, November 6, 2011

Our Robot was Featured Overseas - Toasty is Famous!

Lilla A's Robot Exhibition Poster

I feel so honored! We were a featured robot in Lilla A's online robot exhibition. Lilla A is a blog from Sweden who somehow saw my Robot Preschool post and asked me to join her exhibition. Her exhibition had entries all over the world from Australia, South Africa, USA, Spain, France, Poland, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Germany, UK and Croatia. For some reason, I now feel like my blog has really "made it".

Here's the story. We started home preschool this fall and our first unit was "Robots". My son loved the unit and at the end of it we ended up making a robot. We used "recycled" things around the house like a plastic Folgers coffee can, kid star sunglasses, an old Jif peanut butter can, plastic lids, toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls. My son named him Toasty and was so proud of our creation. He even wanted Toasty to sleep with him and when I told J he was too fragile, he had me put Toasty in his rocking chair and we put a little blankie over him at night. (Just recently, I actually found out why he named him Toasty. He said the slit between his head and body reminded him of a toaster slot and he named him Toasty because he could make toast).

Here is our Toasty:

My son J was just THRILLED to go on Lilla a's blog and see his robot among so many others. Now he keeps pointing to various new ones he wants to try and make next.  How cool is that? (as my son loves to say)!

Thanks for visiting!!

4 comments:

Lovin' Life said...

So cool! Congradulations!

Tea said...

That's so neat!! I went to the site and it looks like such a fun thing to be a part of! Your robot is so cute. I love the name too! :)

Amanda said...

Oh so fun! I bet this will really be a fun memory for J!

Tracey M. said...

Thanks Konnichiwa!!

Tea, this was one of the first "original" names my son came up with for something like this. I too found it adorable. Thanks for checking it out!!

You are so right, Amanda. This will be so fun to look back on ;)

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!