Sunday, May 13, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - 5/14/12





Here's what's cooking at our home this week:


Monday 
I am "reading" a couple of her cookbooks right now and really enjoy them. She adds in a lot of background info about her family, her ranch and her cowboy husband. They've been fun to read. I now use "El Pato sauce" for all things Mexican instead of the taco seasoning packets with all those not-so-good preservatives.


Tuesday
We have a friend from down South who is a wonderful cook. We loved this meal she made for us a few years back, which is a favorite Southern recipe. It's the only recipe I have for black eyed peas, and they're so good. **You may notice this has been on my menu the last three times. Well, I experimented with dried beans/peas and kept forgetting about the amount of prep time I need for that. I'm not so sure that will be a "shortcut" I'll keep - the dried beans thing.

Wednesday
We seem to have a lot of ground beef and tomato sauce meals, so this brings a little variety my husband will enjoy. We love Indian food and this is simple to make.

Thursday
Leftovers 

Friday
I can't wait to try out this recipe for homemade pizza dough and then make this pizza.

Saturday
Possible Date Night!

Sunday
Always my night off!


Click on the links below to see what others are making this week!
Linking Up To:












Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!