Sunday, January 24, 2010

This will be a first


Well I never expected to have a blog of my own but here I am typing out my first post at our new blogsite. I've been inspired by others branching out into blogs on the internet so I decided to give it a try. Today has been a normal day, went to church in the morning (we're in a study called Breathe focusing on the Holy Spirit) since my husband Lanty is having friends over to watch the playoff game tonight. I do know who's playing (Minnesota and the Saints) but am not personally a huge football fan. I'll be hanging out with our son, Julian who just turned 20 months on the 22nd. So that should be fun. We'll have pizza & cake since one of his friends is turning 49.

I just finished a wonderful book, Tramp for the Lord by Corrie ten Boom. She is a Dutch woman who spent time in prison during World War II for hiding Jews. She tells of that journey in The Hiding Place, and Tramp for the Lord tells of her travels around the world sharing her story after she was released from prison. It is incredibly inspiring. She truly had the faith of a child. Over and over again you see her giving up all control, throwing caution to the wind and following His inner voice inside her. It is very moving and captures my heart to see what a surrendered life she leads.

A couple things I'm studying....
  • I've been going through the book of Hebrews. I read through it twice and now for the third time I am journaling chapter by chapter the verses that stand out to me. It has been really good to focus on Jesus, his supremacy and authority to just name a couple themes that stand out.
  • I'm also in a Bible Study going through the workbook Women of the Bible. We just finished a study of Rahab. She is the prostitute that hid Joshua's spies and made a promise to them that she would not speak of them and in turn they spared her life and the lives of her extended family. I was so moved by this study as I was made deeply aware of just how much I have been forgiven for having come to know Christ as Lord. I sat and thought about just how many things I've been forgiven and was overwhelmed. I cried tears of grace, the kind of tears that aren't sad per se but tears that say thank you Lord for how much grace you've shown me, I do not deserve it.

Finally, after browsing through this blog site I was able to make and add my playlist, create a link to my other new blog on recipes but I haven't been able to successfully add a customized layout from another website ... hmm... I'll keep trying on that one.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I find it incredibly therapeutic and it's helped me come a long way in my depression. I look forward to reading more of your blogs!

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!