Thursday, October 11, 2012

New Recipe (Olive Garden's) Zuppa Toscana



My husband and I love the Olive Garden restaurant. In fact, it's our default place to go when we decide to go out for dinner. The main reason is because you can order soup, salad and breadsticks as a meal. It's so economical since it only costs $6.95; literally half of some of their regular entrees.

When fall comes, I always love to try new soup, stew and chili recipes so finding this one was fun. It's the Olive Garden's "cheater" recipe but I tweeked it a bit. It was so simple, just throw the ingredients in and let it simmer for an hour. Then we paired it with some bread and butter and had an awesome meal. I found the recipe here.

Zuppa Toscana Soup 

1 lb mild Italian sausage
3 cans chicken broth
2 cups (16 ounces) whipping cream
salt and pepper (to taste)
3-4 potatoes sliced thin
1 turnip, sliced thin
2 large carrots, chopped
1/2 onion, diced

Place all ingredients into a soup pot. Cook on medium for 1 to 1-1/2 hours until the vegetables are tender.
Serve with crackers or your favorite bread.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for visiting :o)

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

I love olive garden's soups! I will need to try this recipe on a cold fall night for sure :)

Lovin' Life said...

I love eating at the Olive Garden! :)

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!