Monday, April 2, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - 4/02/12 and Spring!







Some musings about Spring at our house: 
It's amazing what happens when you clean out your mucky bird bath and the water is crystal clear. It brings all kinds of birds, and critters too. I mentioned earlier that our ducks have returned. The neatest part is that they visit every day! They get their fill of spilled bird seed and then enjoy hanging out by the bird bath. I know from past experience this will happen for about a month or two, and then we don't see them until the following year. I'm thinking they leave to go tend to their nest and later the hatchlings at the pond nearby, so they don't have time for their daily visits anymore. But we're enjoying the visits while they last! The chipmunks are back along with our grackles and cow birds. We even have a crow who is enjoying a cool drink at the bird bath every day now. Since we live in a suburban area right next to a road, it's not too hard to keep track of the wildlife since there's not an overabundance like in the country. It makes me appreciate what we do have! 

Now....on to the Menu-

Here's what's cooking at our home this week:


Monday
Taco Bar
Monday nights I need something quick and easy since we meet with our small group from church. We haven't had tacos in a while, so I am making a taco bar tonight!


Tuesday
Rigatoni d' Maggiano with Steamed Broccoli 
My sister passed this recipe along. We don't have a Maggiano's restaurant in Madison, but we've visited the one in Schaumburg, IL and liked it a lot. This rigatoni dish sounds pretty tasty.

I'm always looking for different ways to spruce up mac-n-cheese, which is one of my husband's favorite meals. I love blue cheese and think the bacon/blue cheese/spinach combo in this one will be good. See this link for some fun ways to spruce up your Mac-N-Cheese from Taste of Home's Love and Homemade site. I think I'll try the Reuben one next!!

Thursday
Leftovers 

Friday
Homemade Spaghetti with Mexicorn and Garlic Toast
This is the dish my husband said he can eat every week. This week I'm trying Mexicorn for a little zip.

Saturday
Hamburgers with Parmesan Potato Wedges
We haven't done basic burgers in a while so we'll cook up those with some potatoes. 


Sunday
Always my night off!



I am also linking up to:













Click on the links above to see what others are making this week!



Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!