Monday, March 1, 2010

Just a normal day


This morning I was fighting being irritated and grouchy and little things would get on my nerves. Julian being whiny didn't help. I caught myself doing this and had to turn to the Lord and confess what was going on in my heart, yet the feelings hung on until the afternoon.

Julian and I spent a good part of the morning reading books. We watched a little Barney and Clifford too. It was pretty low-key.

In my study, I read the last chapter of 1 Samuel today, chapter 31; the final act in Saul's demise. The Philistines attacked the Israelites and Saul's sons were killed. Then Saul himself was critically wounded. Rather than waiting to let the Philistines get a hold of him, he asked his armor bearer to take his life. When he refused, Saul took his own life by falling on his sword thus closing the chapter on the tragedy of Israel's first king. It is sad to see how far Saul wandered from the Lord and the repercussions of that.

We went out to lunch today with our friend and babysitter Karen. We met up at Culver's and as always Julian loved his fries. While we were running errands we ran into a mom from my MOPS group so we stopped to chat for a bit. When we got home Julian didn't want to go in his "car" for a walk so I did some shoveling of ice in our driveway while Julian hung out with me and we enjoyed the fresh air.

I'm not sure what was going on but Julian was especially whiny tonight. He kept wanting me to pick him up while I was making dinner and when I couldn't he would whine and cry. Sometimes he would be whining/crying and then all of a sudden change his mood and start jabbering about something. Then later something would set him off and he'd be crying again.

Tonight at the YMCA I signed Julian up for swimming lessons. Registration just opened today and there were already 6 out of 10 slots taken. It's a good thing we registered when we did. We have a friend with a pool who will be having play dates in the summer so Julian will be learning the basics of being in the water. I hope he likes it!

All in all, today was a pretty normal day. Now it's time to wind down and have a bit of relax time before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!