Wednesday, April 21, 2010

J's first time swimming


This morning was J's first time swimming! Our mom's group was having swim time for the kids at a place called Swim West which is 2 minutes from our house. I had no idea how he would do. We got all changed and went to the swim area and J was going ahead of me. There were balls floating in the water and he wanted to get them. He was just about to step into the water and stopped to look at me, a little unsure. I picked him up and we headed in. He did great! It was an answer to prayer. I was amazed at how well he did. He enjoyed it. The water was really warm. He really liked getting the floating balls and throwing them around. He also liked splashing and kicking while I held him. He even got his face wet.

This week for our women's bible study we're doing a chapter on the bride of Christ. I finished most of it today. Some of my favorite parts of this study:
John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. This verse is so comforting. That even now, the Lord is preparing a place for us with him in eternity.
1John 3:1-3 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! With this verse, I thank the Lord that he calls us his own children. What a picture, that he lavishes his great love upon us. I have to let that sink in.
Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her Another reminder of his love. A love that brought him to the cross.

After splitting a cheese quesadilla for lunch, we went to McKee Farms for some time outdoors. The weather again has been great. We didn't need our coats since we were in the sun. I got some good pictures of J climbing the kids structure. Today he was really into the tot slide. He went with me holding his hands (it was a short slide). He was up and down the slide several times. Maybe soon he'll feel okay going on his own. A boy came up near him and J was reaching out his hands toward his face. I let him know not to do that. Later, he was going through a little tunnel and a girl came up behind him. He reached back and gave her a slap on her face. I was shocked! So was the girl. J wouldn't say he was sorry, he just sniffled. I apologized to the little girl and told J park time was over. I had a one-sided conversation going about this for a while telling him this was not nice and he may not hit people. Once we got home, he said something about little girl and hit and nose. Then he said sorry. I'm not sure if he really knew what he did was wrong, but I hope so.

Today in "Jesus, the One and Only", we continued reading Luke 1. Beth asks the question, "What does a young girl do after (being visited by an angel) receiving such incredible news?" Mary went on a trip to see her cousin Elizabeth (mother of John). How kind of God to provide someone to share her joy. How wonderful it is to have another woman to confide in like Mary has in Elizabeth. We long to find someone who's gone down the same road we have. Beth shares that we see Mary's love of scripture in Mary's song (verses 46-56). It reflects 12 different Old Testament passages.

After dinner, we went to the Y and I had to push myself on the running part of my workout (15min running, 15min walking) but it felt good. I was humbled today as I realized I am really weak in willpower in my eating healthy program. Before dinner, I had 2 separate sweet snacks when I'm not supposed to have any. I look back like, what was I thinking? I already had 1 snack, why did I go get another? Ahhhhhh. Frustrating. But confessing this in the blog is strengthening me since I need to stay on track. I am carrying around what's probably close to one of those 40 pound bags of rock salt! I'm feeling it a bit in my knees. I've got to listen to my body telling me enough is enough. Help me Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!