Monday, April 26, 2010

Gardening is rejuvenating


This morning I heard L get up before 6am. When J and I got up around 7:30 we came downstairs and J said, "Daddy?" Then he ran around the corner and said, "Daddy!" I thought he found daddy but he wasn't there. It was so quiet. Then it dawned on me he was getting together with a friend this morning who may be helping him with guitar. J is still enjoying his newish cars and trucks. It's funny, he likes "driving them" on me while I'm sitting on the couch going down the shoulder, over the legs, down the legs, etc. I'm really glad that he continues to love books.

In my devotional time today, I read Luke 2:51-52. Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. Growing in wisdom here, Beth says, would be sound judgment and good sense plus a deeper understanding of the divine. She says it is wisdom that is very practical as well as deeply spiritual. Growing in stature would be physically as well as mentally. He also grew in favor with God and men. In the Greek, favor means something which causes joy; gratification. So Jesus' relationship with God was one which brought joy and was very satisfying. The relationship between God the Father and God the Son equals no other. Just thinking about that, I would say I'm enjoying my relationship with God right now. I still want to go deeper and have days where I may feel a little disconnected from him. I'm in a post-depression season since my depression lifting/healing was last fall so almost 6 months. I continue to thank the Lord since I am in such a different place spiritually. I went from feeling condemned (like I was a phony Christian and really doomed to hell) to living in God's truth that I have a relationship with him that is eternal and is the core of my being. Jesus growing in favor towards men is more like the meaning of being someone's favorite. His character endeared men to him.

J did really well at lunch today, that was a gift. After lunch, it was so beautiful outside so we enjoyed the day. I brought his cars, dump truck, digger and he played while I cleaned the patio. Then we fed the birds together and set out peanuts for the critters. I needed to do some weeding of an area that lines our front walk so I gave J a baby rake and shovel while I had the real ones and we went to work. J was soon bored of that so he just hung out playing with his cars and saying hi to the neighbors. While he napped, I finished the rest of the weeding project. I have a row of hostas alternating with a flowering perennial (Beacon Silver) http://www.youcanlearnseries.com/Landscape/Images/LamiumBeaconSilver.jpg that I planted a few years ago but the grass and dandelions were taking over. It was so good to dig in the dirt again. The sun was so warm but not too hot since there was a nice breeze. Even though it's a physical activity, it really helps me relax and feel refreshed.

We have an easy dinner on nights we go to the Y and tonight I made an Arby's recipe. It was really good. Toasted bread with margarine and thousand island dressing with lettuce, tomato, Swiss cheese and roast beef. We had that with a fruit salad. Yum! I didn't get a full 30 minute workout since we got there a little late. It was close though at 25. J and I watched the adult ballet class as we waited for L. At bedtime, again I took a few moments just to cradle J in my arms, rocking him and enjoying him as he lay there contentedly. It was so peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!