Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Help my unbelief ... and cherishing "uppy"


J wanted to go outside this morning after daddy left but it had started to rain. We stayed in the garage for a bit since he wanted to hear the thunder as the storm was coming in. It doesn't seem to spook him. Another new toy he's been liking and playing with a lot is his Elmo shape sorter. He likes to name the color of the block as he tries to find the matching shape slot.

Today in Beth Moore's book Jesus the One and Only, the reading was in Luke 9. Jesus came down from the mountain and again a crowd met him. A man pleaded with Jesus to heal his son of a demon. He shared that he had asked the disciples for help and they could not do it. The man said "but if you can do anything, take pity on us...to which Jesus said (Mark 9:23) Everything is possible for him who believes. The father had an interesting response, I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief! So here you see he has a desire to believe, yet confesses his lack of faith while crying out for help to overcome his unbelief. This is an area I can relate to. Many times I pray for things and maybe struggle to believe God will bring the change. But we have a big God! An all-powerful God! I need to check areas of my own unbelief and ask for greater faith. Jesus healed the boy and they were all amazed at the greatness of God. One other point she mentions that I agree with is how prayer is a critical element of faith.

After J's nap, I put on a worship CD for kids that I found for J. I heard about it on one of the other blogs that I follow. It's called Cedarmont Worship for Kids Vol. 1. The funny thing is as we listened to it, it really ministered to ME (even though it's kids singing). Each of the songs are ones I'm familiar with and hadn't heard for a while and I really enjoyed it.

J wanted me to hold him a lot today. I love this. Who knows how long it will be before he won't ask for that or want that. He says "uppy" when he wants me to pick him up. Then he helped me cook his quesedilla (he liked pushing it around the pan).
Here's a picture of him napping.

I've started selling a few things on EBay (like a camera that broke when I dropped it) so J and I went to the post office to ship out one of the items. I asked him what park he wanted to go to and he went back and forth but we decided on Elver Park which was nearby. We ended up playing there for an hour! We did a little of everything and I liked how he was "driving" with the steering wheel on the jungle gym and he would say "mommy sit in the car". I'd sit down behind him and he'd pretend we were driving somewhere. I asked him where we were going and he said to the grocery store. Cute!

I got my camera today! Long story short, I was supposed to be getting one from my credit card miles but they no longer sell the item so I just went to EBay and got the same camera that I had before which broke. I can't say how nice it is to have one again. I really miss taking pictures of J every day. I'll have to get back into that. My babysitter called at the last minute to cancel tonight saying she didn't feel well. Thankfully, our second babysitter (my husband's friend) was able to come. J actually cried when it was time to go to bed. He wanted Dave to read him books and was so sad when I took him upstairs. I can't remember the last time he cried about going to bed. We are so blessed that he is so easygoing about sleep.

We met with our life group to talk about Sunday's sermon on forgiving others. We each were able to share about people we haven't forgiven. Especially those we have pushed back in our minds that we just went on with life but when we think of them we know the pain and emotions are still there and there's more work to do. We agreed that our speaker mentioning to see this person's humanity is a helpful way to start the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!