Saturday, February 19, 2011

Where To Go From Here?














Just doing a little thinking out loud .... before I spend some time thinking and praying before the Lord. I was moved by a friend I've met through blogging who is seriously thinking about stepping away from her blog permanently, or for such a time as this. Lately, I'm wondering if a blog hiatus is something the Lord's impressing upon my heart.

A little over a year ago, I started off having a journaling blog where I was recording the events of my days as a stay-at-home mom. Then mainly for reasons that it was hard to keep up with, I opened up my blog to random posts to see where it would go from there. This was going fine and I had a lot of fun as I found several new blogs that had weekly link ups. I ended up finding several that I began to participate in and my weekly posts now consist mostly of those. It is starting to feel a bit hard to keep up with all of them. Mainly, I have found it hard to get back to doing some personal posts and those have always been something I want to keep doing as it has been such good times of personal reflection for me. It is in those posts that I am taking time to reflect on what the Lord has been showing me and then sharing about it.

Just to help me get a handle on where I'm at with blogging, I made a little list of what I'm trying to keep up with on a weekly basis.

Monday: Nothing scheduled

Tuesday: Tiny Talk Tuesdays link-up

Wednesday: Nothing scheduled but would love to participate in Wordless Wednesday at Internet Cafe.

Thursday: Nothing scheduled

Friday: We Like to Play and Tot School post where I link up to Weekly Wrap Up, We Play, Show & Tell, Play Academy and Monkey Doodles
Also on Friday: Daddy Time Friday

Saturday: What we are reading where I link up to Kid Konnection, Little Sprout Books and Mouse Grows/Mouse Learns

Sunday: (do linking up at Tot School)

With all the link-ups, I always try to visit several different blogs and share a comment. I have also tried very hard to visit the blogs that are new visitors to mine and sharing something as well. Over time, I have grown a collection of my favorite blogs where I make a point to follow regularly and share on them as well. After getting this all in front of me on paper, I know in my heart something does need to change. I really want to avoid feeling burned out which I have a bit lately. I also don't like that I've not left much time (or energy) for my personal posts...especially because those are the posts that I like to take more time with. (For those of you following, you'll know I haven't posted my "marriage post" yet which has been percolating inside of me for weeks now.)

All this to say......I am not sure where I'm heading next but after this week I hope to know more.

2 comments:

Lovin' Life said...

I hope you stay on. I have enjoyed comming and visiting your blog. But I can understand the time that it takes to follow all the blogs and keep up with your own. Blessings!

Tracey M. said...

So I am staying put, that's for sure. I was able to figure out where I will take some detours and mainly it's dropping some of the "blog link-ups" that I do. That for me adds a lot of work since I love to visit all the others on the link up and then comment on many of them.
Already I'm feeling "lighter" after getting a new blog schedule figured out.
Thank you for sharing what you said. It really means a lot to me. And that goes for you too, I am really encouraged by visiting your blog. Your faith inspires and challenges me, and I need to be challenged or I won't grow!

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!