Saturday, May 22, 2010

J's Day of Celebration


What a wonderful celebration day. Even though I'm really tired from all the action, I just have to write about it. J started the day opening a gift from Auntie Kelly and Uncle RoRo, a giant dinosaur with all kinds of different sounds and he walks too. We didn't have much time to hang out since we needed to get to the church for the dedication. We were a little late but they were still checking people in. J was fine until it was his turn to go up to the stage, then he started acting up. I felt a little embarrassed but then he quieted down and they read a scripture we chose (Ephesians 5:19 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.) Then they prayed over him and us as a family. They even had a cake and punch reception but J hit his head when he walked into a table so he was bummed for a while.

The rest of the day was like a whirlwind since there was so much to do. We got to the park and did all the set up work. We had lots of people to help, which was great, then we got to enjoy a nice picnic lunch. We ran a little short on food (not good) so my sister ran out for more subs. There was a big lull while we waited for her to get back so we could sing J happy birthday and cut the cake. It turns out daddy had gone up the hill so he missed the singing so everyone sang a second time. Oops! Then we were blessed with so many sweet gifts for J. He doesn't understand the opening gifts thing so daddy and I helped.

He had a great day. He kept grabbing my hand saying "mommy come play" but I was pretty busy hosting so he had a couple trips to the kids play area with Uncle RoRo and Mimi my step mom. My niece M.E. spent some time with him and so did his little friend Steffano. J kept hugging him. Finally, after we had things cleaned up mommy could relax and I enjoyed some time at the kids park with J.

My family came over after the party and the kids all played with the new toys. The house looked like a hurricane hit it. J was amazing, still going with no naps. We went out for a birthday dinner of burgers and ice cream.

The last special part of the day was my saying goodnight time with J. After our usual routine, I held him and started singing happy birthday really softly. He kept saying "again" and had me sing it like 5 times in a row. Every time I finished he'd say "yay". While I was singing, he cupped my face in his little hands. It was such a sweet moment and end to a great day.

1 comment:

Tea said...

Aww, how sweet! I'm so glad it was a good birthday for him! Congratulations on the dedication too! :)

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!