Saturday, October 23, 2010

What My Child is Reading

I found a new blog hop that highlights what we're reading with our kids. Click the link below to see what others are reading!







Mouse's First Halloween
This was just a simple little Halloween story, trying to take the spook out of Halloween. I really enjoyed the illustrations; the way they used fall colors and especially how they used light. J has been having us read this to him just about every night!














Hush Little Baby - A Folk Song with Pictures
I was so excited to find this book. Over the last couple years with my son J, I have tried to find a lullabye-type song that would soothe him when he's disconsolate. I found that this song is just about the only one that soothes him and calms him down. He loved reading this with me and having me sing it to him.




One More River - A Noah's Ark Counting Book
J always loves books with elephants and he enjoys them even more when there are lots of animals. This was a great counting activity where J counted along with me as we read. He also liked the last couple pages the the animals looking out of their windows. He had fun naming them one by one.












God Made Creepy Crawlies
This is a great book that has been fun to read. I somehow grew up without a fear of most creepy crawlies so I want to instill that in my son. There are so many amazing insects and reptiles and this book captures celebrates them. Everything from spiders to toads to stink bugs!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

These all look wonderful, we'll have to try to find them at the library!

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

I'll have to look up a few of these on our library website! This will be our first year not celebrating Halloween, but the other books look great!

Tea said...

It's so fun finding good books to read with our little ones, isn't it?! :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Thanks for joining WMCIR! We also have Mouse's First Halloween in our pile, it's a great book. And the last book looks really colorful too.

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!