Monday, June 21, 2010

Fighting a cold today


(Snippets from Sunday)
We gave daddy the hand-made Father's Day Card that we did at Joan's. This card had his little hand prints on the outside and his coloring on the inside. Daddy really liked it and took a picture of it to save.

Our big event of the day was a BBQ at our friend's house celebrating the end of the season for our Life Group. Daddy was playing badminton and J grabbed a racket so he could swat the air. They let him try to hit the birdie too. I had fun playing badminton too which I haven't done in a while. J didn't eat very much at all. He was absolutely set on it too so I didn't fight it. He enjoyed playing with their son's car and truck collection. I liked watching him interact with others in our group who would come up to spend a little time with him.

(Monday)
J and I watched the garbage man today. At one point the truck backed up and we couldn't see him and J says "garbage man, where did he go? He's gone. He went home." Then he came back to finish and J was pretty excited.

In Luke 17 today, the reading was about the signs of Jesus second coming. Jesus says will not say here it is or there it is because the kingdom is within you. On the day the Son of Man is revealed, Jesus said you should not go back to your house for anything...verse 33: Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. As we get closer to Jesus' return, the love of most will grow cold (Matthew 24:12). For me, it's an ongoing process to "lose my life" for him. A big part of that is having a focus on being in the world, but not of the world. What that means to me is having a heart centered on the Lord, wanting his will and seeking it especially through prayer. Being very careful about how and where I spend my time, what I listen to, what I watch. It's often a process of stumbling and stumbling again, going to the Lord and starting fresh.

I wasn't able to go to my friend Joan's today for our play group. Over the last few days I've had a scratchy throat that overnight turned into a cold (runny nose, sneezing, stuffy head) and I didn't want to pass that on to anyone's kids! We all just hung out at the house today and I did a lot of catching up on my reading as I watched J at play. I also read a lot of books with him. It was nice to just stay at home after all the activities we've had during L's vacation. I think it was good for my cold too. I'll say J had some interesting meals today but I was glad he was eating without upsets. It was so humid tonight while working out at the Y that I felt like someone threw water on me. Today I was surrendering this area again to the Lord in prayer. I've gotten lax in fighting bad eating habits and working on discipline and so it was time again to commit myself to change. I feel in my heart the Lord wants me to care more for my body and therefore making strides in getting in shape is a renewed goal. It was pouring rain when we were leaving the Y so L pulled up the car for us. The car was splashing through lots of huge puddles and J just loved it. I'm also going to try this week to have several days in a row of getting to bed early so I'll write more tomorrow.

3 comments:

Tea said...

Sounds like your family had a nice father's day. I hope you feel better soon! :)

Eileen said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Tracey M. said...

Thanks! Today I went through a bunch of tissues so it's still going. Now my little guy is getting it :( It figures though.

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!