Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Blogger Light

I really, really want to write a deep and insightful post but lately I just haven't had the wherewithal to sit down and do it. So tonight I'm going to do "blogger light"; just writing down some random thoughts of things on my mind or heart lately.













So I already started listening to Christmas music! There's just something very soothing and comforting for me when the season starts to turn towards fall and I start playing the Christmas music. I know many would say it's way too early, but for me this is the only time of year I'll listen to it and from Thanksgiving to Christmas just isn't long enough. Now if only we could get our gas fireplace fixed we could snuggle up to the "fire" and indulge in some Christmas music time. I love it! (picture credit here)










I've been continuing to participate in a bible study from a website called Setting the Captives Free. It has a 60-day bible study called "The Lord's Table" and is focused on overcoming struggles with food. They assign a mentor who prays for you and responds to the questions you answer from the study. I haven't been doing the study every day, which would really be the way to do it. It is by far the best thing I've done so far related to weight loss. It is giving me a whole new understanding of what is underneath and at the heart of my overeating and ungodly eating habits. In the past, the diets and nutrition/fitness plans I've done have helped with the weight problem but not with lasting change. They have never addressed the heart; coming to terms with the sin-aspect and biblical perspective of it. It is teaching me to turn not to food to be satisfied (as it doesn't last) but instead turn to the Lord to "feast" on him, especially his word. I am just starting to see myself doing this and having small victories. With the victory though, has come greater temptations especially some falling off the wagon with Halloween candy. It can be one step forward yet two steps back until true transformation takes place.















Lately, I've really been encouraged to prepare my heart for this holiday season. Being mindful of the why of Thanksgiving, how much I have to be thankful for. I also want to have a focus on the true meaning of Christmas; how to make that real in my life and with those around me. I love how a friend put this into words in her blog, see Frost. It is really hard for me to grasp that just a year ago at this time I was getting out of the hospital having been hospitalized for severe depression and anxiety. This was the second time I was hospitalized as the first time was right after my son was born and I had a postpartum breakdown. It is just so amazing to me how after that second time in the hospital I literally felt myself return to normal. The anxiety and meaninglessness disappeared, and a whole new world of joy was opened to me in taking care of my son. Through it all, my husband was by my side co-laboring, loving, supporting me through the darkest of times. I want to take time this season just to meditate and ponder all that the Lord has done. (picture credit here)
















Lastly, time with my little one is so precious. He is starting to lose his "baby-ness" and becoming a little boy. I have such mixed feelings about it too. I even found myself cradling him the other day like a baby and holding and rocking him. He was telling me, "I'm not a baby. I'm big." I told him he'll always be my little baby. We are into doing all kinds of things together like singing, dancing, blowing and chasing bubbles, having fun with learning activities, time with play groups and some sweet moments like just holding him in my arms after he wakes up from a nap and wants to cuddle. I'm so thankful the Lord blessed us in this way. (picture credit here)

I also wanted to share some fun with a Sesame Street video J just loves on You Tube called Operatic Orange. I remember this from when I was a kid! He can just watch it over and over and over again.





Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Tea said...

Tracey,
I love all that you shared here! We've had our christmas music on too! It is so peaceful and just helps to begin getting our hearts ready for this special time.

I am so thankful for what God has done in your life reguarding depression! He is so good to help us in our times of need!

I know what you mean about seeing the baby stage passing by... It's not easy. But our boys are growing into some fun little guys!

That video was really cute. I loved the flower petal eyelashes!! I wish I could have some of those! :)

Elle Belles Bows said...

I am with you on the Christmas music. There is something about listening to it early that just calm me and prepares me for the beauty and joy of the Christmas season. I could hear O Holy Night a thousand times and never grow weary of it. Such a beautiful and soulful way to remind us to Fall on our Knees and give Praise.

Thanks for sharing the video too! It made me laugh!

Kerri

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!