Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday (Sharing)

**J is 29 months old**


*************************************************************************************
Tiny Talk Tuesday is a way to share the fun and interesting things our kids are saying. I love joining up for this blog carnival at Not Before 7. Click her button above to see what kind of Tiny Talk has been overhead in the homes of others!
*************************************************************************************

One night before dinner, J was really hungry and was asking for cupcakes. I instead gave him a little popcorn. At one point, he comes running over and gives me this really big hug. He looks up really sweetly and asks, "Momma, you want popcorn? You want some of my popcorn?" I told him sure. So he runs over to his bowl, picks out ONE kernel and comes running back, almost put it in his mouth and then thinks twice, then gives it to me. He continued to do this, running back and forth picking up one kernel of popcorn and running it over to share with me. Next, he came with his water saying "Momma, have some water." So I continued to get these little kernels of popcorn with a sip of water. He was taking care of me! I just love how he was thinking about me (someone other than his 2-year-old self) and wanting to share his snack in this way. He was really excited about it too.

One night, he was wearing his polar bear footy pajamas from last winter. He says, "I'm wearing my panda bear jammies." I said, "Yes, your polar bear jammies." He comes back over with his little polar bear stuffed animal and says excitedly, "My polar bear matches! He matches my jammies!" The funny thing is, I had tried to teach the idea of "matching" several months back starting with matching socks together. I've tried a few times since but he never really seemed to pick it up. Now I see that he gets it. I love seeing him learn.

After a restful 3 hour nap, J was in a fun mood. I let him have a few autumn M&M's and he comes up to me and says, "Shake my booty? Shake my booty momma?" I asked him where in the world he heard that. He says, "M.E. said it." So this is his cousin who was at our house Oct. 9th for my birthday. Very funny that he says it all of a sudden today, three weeks later.

One afternoon after picking up some Halloween candy, I let him have a bag of mini-oreos. He says to me, "These are amazing." Where is he getting all this fun talk?

So I'm seeing more of J's sense of humor unfolding, like in the following things he came up to me and said - out of the blue:
J: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
J: (says his name "J")
Me: J who?
J: Ummm.....J 2 (I think he was trying to say his name and his age, 2)

J: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
J: Mommy.
Me: Mommy who?
J: Momma 5! (starts laughing his head off after that one)

J: Ding dong!
Me: Who's here?
J: Daddy's here! (giggles like crazy)

J was interested in his shadow today. He wanted to wear his birthday hat from my birthday party a few weeks ago and while he was wearing it he could see his shadow on the floor. He said, "Mommy I see my shadow! I'm a shark!" I didn't get it at first until I looked and yes, his little hat looked like a shark fin! Then a little later he says, "My nuk has a shadow mommy!"

This one was sweet. I got a call from church that there is a woman going through a severe postpartum time and since I went through something similar I may be able to help her and her family. As I got off the phone, I started to cry as I thought of this woman and had a flood of emotion. J sees me crying and said, "Are you sad mommy?" I told him about a mommy from church we need to pray for and I said a little prayer for her. Then J comes over and says, mommy I give you a coloring book and crayon? You feel better mommy?" He comes back and says "I give you a nuk mommy, and blankie?" He gave me three things that he absolutely loves that are such a comfort to him. It was such a tender, sweet moment!

2 comments:

Our Family for His Glory said...

Too cute! I wish I could laugh as easily as a child! :)
Jessica

Dawn Lopez said...

Hi! I am stopping in from Welcome Wednesday and following you! Hope you will follow back to Just Married with Coupons.

Happy Wednesday!

-Dawn

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!