Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday


**J is 30 months old**



*************************************************************************************
Tiny Talk Tuesday is a way to share the fun and interesting things our kids are saying. I love joining up for this blog carnival at Not Before 7. Click her button above to see what kind of Tiny Talk has been overhead in the homes of others!
*************************************************************************************

Lately, I'm trying to capture these little tiny talk sayings by running to my computer and typing them up right away. It has seemed to help. I never want to cut off what J is saying by interrupting with typing, but I find that if I run right away (if we're home) I can often capture most of it. (I can type faster than I can write!)


This was a sweet compliment:
One afternoon J said to me, "What's that?" He was wondering what I was doing.
I said, "I'm cleaning the stove. The food falls down when I'm cooking and makes a mess so I'm cleaning it up."
J: "I want your food."
Me: "I'm not cooking anything right now."
J: "I like your food mommy."
Awwww! What a great affirmation!


For whatever reason, I was getting J out of the car and singing "I don't want to grow up. I'm a Toys R Us kid." J says, "I'm not a Toys R Us kid, I'm Julian. I'm 2."


I don't know what led J to this conversation, but he said, "I can't see Buca's green eyes." Buca is our cat. Then Buca started walking over toward him and J said, "Now I see Buca's eyes. He has green eyes and sharp teeth. He goes bye bye down the stairs over there." He points to the stairs where Buca goes to get food, water, etc.


One morning, I decided to let J have apple juice since he wasn't eating much for breakfast. He saw me pouring it and got excited saying, "Give it to me!" in a demanding voice. He knows to say please so I asked him, "How do you say it nicely?" He then changes his tone to a nice soft voice and says, "Give it to me?" (This was pretty funny.) I did finally get a please after that.


I'm also trying to record the sweet way he says some of his words:
He says "moon" for loon. We went up north and got to see a couple loons very far away on the lake. The coolest thing though was when we heard them. My sister got J a little loon stuffed animal that makes the loon call. He loves pressing that yet he still calls it a "moon".


We feed the birds together every week, and I like the "critter mix" that includes peanuts. For some reason, J has been calling them "two-nuts". I have no idea if that's because most of the peanuts have 2 in the shell or if it's just coincidence. So the peanuts attract the blue jays which we like, but of course we're also getting critters like the raccoon that visited the other night knocking all the feeders over. Instead of getting angry or annoyed, I told J that we want to feed all God's creatures, even when they make a mess.


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Tea said...

Haha! These were great, Tracey! :)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

OH so great! I try to keep a pen and paper handy OR I have used the voice recorder in my phone :) You got some great ones recorded this time!

Love that Toys R Us kid comment!

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!