Thursday, March 4, 2010

May I have this dance?


I had my Titus mom's group today at Blackhawk. We had a great topic, the Power of our Words. Our pastor was the guest speaker. He shared anecdotes from his life as illustrations of how the tongue is dangerous. With the same mouth we can build one another up or tear them down. From James 3:10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. And from Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Much of today's message I had heard in different ways in the past, but it was so good to have in front of me again, especially in light of being a mother. Too many times do I say something under my breath forgetting my son is with me with his listening ears. This review has helped me to be mindful of what is coming from my mouth.

We had a lunch date today with my friend Julie who I met at Blackhawk and Cindy. We are all in the same bible study. Julian did pretty well but is still enjoying throwing things way too much. He does well with crayons and coloring books and other things I can pop in the diaper bag. It was cute, he befriended a 4-year-old at the next table who was entertaining him. They kept giggling and making faces at each other. Then before we left I let Julian down from the chair and they were playing peek-a-boo. Julian was laughing so hard it was contagious.

We soaked in the beautiful weather by having some time outside. We're getting a hint of spring with the temps getting up near 40 with bright sun. I introduced Julian to sidewalk chalk and we had fun making Elmo faces. I'd make pictures that he would then add to. We also took a walk in his car and Julian actually fell asleep! He seemed slumped over and when I stopped to look he was snoozing. He missed his morning nap and it finally caught up with him.

Julian was a bit cranky at dinner but then perked up after. He was playing his "radio" which has all kinds of nursery rhymes and ABC's and I said "Julian, can you dance with momma?" He comes over and grabs my hand, I get up and he leads me into the kitchen, turns on the song and leads us in a circle and we went round and round dancing together! He's never done this with me so I think he picked this "dance" up at our church nursery. He also danced w/daddy until daddy got dizzy.

We had fun watching some You Tube videos of Sesame Street characters singing the ABC's. Julian gets as far as A-B-C so it's a start. He had me play them over and over and would say "Elmo ABC's?" until I played the video. I enjoy our nightly routine of getting ready for bed. One thing he loves is watching himself in the mirror as I brush his teeth. Tonight he said "head (touching his head), eyes (touching his eyes) and even said eyebrow (pointing to his eyebrow). It's so cute what they learn each day.

Well today I didn't get my alone time with the Lord so I'm going to do that since it's time again to wind down and relax before hitting the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. They are a blessing to me!